Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years Resolutions

I have quite an extensive list this year...
(I usually don't do resolutions, by the way.)

1. I want to stop saying the word 'no' to my kids.  Such a wide vocabularly, yet it seems like that's my most spoken word. It's time to find alternatives.

2. I want to get healthy.  Lose weight? Sure, that would be great...but that's not the mission.  Lower blood pressure, lower risk of diabetes, managing chronic pain issues...just focusing on healthy.  

3.  I want to get off my butt more.  Seriously...I sit...a lot.  I need to 'move' more. Lots more.

4. I want this to be the year of focusing on my home and family.  Pinterest...you will have to wait. I really need to make more time for my kids...soak them in while they're still little.  They won't be little forever.

5. I want to spend more time with God.  When I devote more attention to Him, He seems to devote more of His attention to me.  I used to be in that 'place'...I need to get back there.

Generally, I just want to live a better life.  It's so easy to get caught up in our fast paced world.  I want to slow down and focus on what is really important.

No comments: